Tuesday, March 22, 2011

It's coming along....

I did it.  I hit the three month mark.  I cheated and went back to yoga a bit early.  I took it really easy though.  I could not take the stress, I had to get back in that room.  When i think of all the people who don't do yoga.  I don't know how you do it.  I am not judging.  Just saying, I am no saint, but drinking, drugs, recreational or otherwise are not my thing...I need that yoga to settle my shit down!  Seriously.  You can't imagine how much happier my house is.  My kids look adorable and Ilove being with them.  My patience is so much greater.  I love my life again.
  I knew it would take time, but you forget how hard it is to parent when you don't feel well.  It is so great to feel the beginnings of normalcy.  And to get back into that yoga room.  It was so great to go to my 3 month visit and know I had reached a significant milestone.  The bone has grown around the new hip, and I don't feel, nor am I any longer quite so fragile.  I told him about the few yoga poses that feel weird, and assured him I would take them slow and careful. He is a bit worried about me as he knows i like to stretch, and he wants  my capsule to remain somewhat tight and strong. Like everything else in life, it will be a balance.
    I love feeling myself start to get strong again.  It is going to be slow.  I have not been in prime fighting form in 5 years.  I have not got my body back since having Tatum 3 years ago.  I don't have a goal to look 20 again, or even as lean and mean as I did in my 30s, but I think I can look and feel better than I do right now.  I don't believe in dieting, but if I could seriously reduce my cookie intake, that right there might solve the problem. I love and accept myself for who I am, but I do have some goals to reach by the end of this year.
1.  lose 5 pounds, and tone up my fat stomach
2.  Get rid of my limp and take up some exercize walking to help achieve goal #1
3.  Head to Disneyland with Ruby.  She is almost 5 and 1/2, it really is time.  This is one of the reasons I got a new hip anyway.
I don't update my blog much, and I really don't know who is reading it now or will in the future.  But I can say this, when you go through a life changing event, sharing it in writing just helps .
Peace out!

3 comments:

  1. Hi Val, Love your story and am inspired! Like you, I had hip replacements at a very young age (46 now) due to a congenital issue that caused unbearable pain and limited mobility. I'm entering my 3rd week of bikram on the 30day trial and love it! So far, the benefits have been amazing...my body has moved in ways that i never thought possible and i feel much more empowered with my health. Looking forward to this journey of improving my quality of life through yoga. Thank you for sharing! Beverly

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Val,

    I went to your studio 1 month ago, I love it,I liked all the teachers there! I think you choose the best one! :D one time I finally find a time to take your class, I brought my friend went with me ( Naomi ) I refer her, is her first class, I can tell how much you pay attention to the new babies & very patient to her! hehe.. :)

    I have really bad lower back pain, doctor diagnosis I have hernial disk, this is killing me, & also ruin my life, I have two boys ( 6 & 9 years old ) I want so much to spent time with them, play with them, but I can't, due to my pain, plus work 40 hours a week full time job at Monrovia :(

    My surgeon suggest me to get the surgery done next month, i was wandering after surgery, can I still go hot yoga? any advice?

    Thanks!

    Rachel

    ReplyDelete
  3. I sure would love to know more about your entry back into Bikram yoga and life post-op! Hoping it's all great :) I'm 7 weeks out now and looking for reassurances about starting back at it.

    ReplyDelete